Man jailed for sex attack and theft in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A sex fiend who attacked a woman and stole her money after following her off a bus in Kensal Rise has been jailed.
Patrick Wickens, 40, from Bedfordshire, crept up on his 54-year-old victim after she got off the number 28 and pounced when she walked onto Bolton Gardens.
He sexually assaulted her while stealing cash from her bag.
She managed to escape and boarded another bus where she raised the alarm.
The Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command Sexual Offences team led the investigation and obtained DNA evidence which led to his capture.
You may also want to watch:
At Harrow Crown Court this week he admitted sexual assault and theft and was jailed for a year.
Superintendent Rob Revill, from the command, said: “This sentence highlights our commitment to tackling sexual offences on London’s buses. We take all reports of sexual offences seriously and are committed to bringing offenders to justice.
- 1 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 2 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 3 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 4 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 6 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 7 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 8 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 9 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 10 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your bus journey - however minor it may seem to you - reporting it to police can help us target the perpetrator and prevent it happening to another passenger.”