Man jailed for sex attack and theft in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A sex fiend who attacked a woman and stole her money after following her off a bus in Kensal Rise has been jailed.
Patrick Wickens, 40, from Bedfordshire, crept up on his 54-year-old victim after she got off the number 28 and pounced when she walked onto Bolton Gardens.
He sexually assaulted her while stealing cash from her bag.
She managed to escape and boarded another bus where she raised the alarm.
The Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command Sexual Offences team led the investigation and obtained DNA evidence which led to his capture.
You may also want to watch:
At Harrow Crown Court this week he admitted sexual assault and theft and was jailed for a year.
Superintendent Rob Revill, from the command, said: “This sentence highlights our commitment to tackling sexual offences on London’s buses. We take all reports of sexual offences seriously and are committed to bringing offenders to justice.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 5 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 8 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 9 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 10 Wealdstone settle for a draw against Aldershot Town
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your bus journey - however minor it may seem to you - reporting it to police can help us target the perpetrator and prevent it happening to another passenger.”