Man jailed for sex attack and theft in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A sex fiend who attacked a woman and stole her money after following her off a bus in Kensal Rise has been jailed.
Patrick Wickens, 40, from Bedfordshire, crept up on his 54-year-old victim after she got off the number 28 and pounced when she walked onto Bolton Gardens.
He sexually assaulted her while stealing cash from her bag.
She managed to escape and boarded another bus where she raised the alarm.
The Met’s Roads and Transport Policing Command Sexual Offences team led the investigation and obtained DNA evidence which led to his capture.
At Harrow Crown Court this week he admitted sexual assault and theft and was jailed for a year.
Superintendent Rob Revill, from the command, said: “This sentence highlights our commitment to tackling sexual offences on London’s buses. We take all reports of sexual offences seriously and are committed to bringing offenders to justice.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 6 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
“If someone has made you feel uncomfortable on your bus journey - however minor it may seem to you - reporting it to police can help us target the perpetrator and prevent it happening to another passenger.”