Man jailed for racist attack on bus driver in Cricklewood
Foul-mouthed passenger spat at worker in front of passangers
A foul-mouthed passenger who hurled racist abuse at a bus driver before spitting at him has been sent to jail.
Brent Magistrates Court heard Darrell Krist Jansson carried out his vile act after boarding the N16 bus in Mora Road, Cricklewood, at around 3am on June 25 this year.
He started shouting racist obscenities at the driver in front of shock passengers before spitting at him and jumping ff the bus.
He was caught after the bus driver used a swab kit to gather his saliva which matched Jansson’s DNA.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Brent Magistrates’ Court, the 23-year-old from Fulham admitted racially aggravated public order and racially aggravated common assault and was jailed for 13 weeks.
PC Andy Walker from the Safer Transport Team said: “This is a fantastic result for both the Safer Transport Team and for the Bus Network as a potentially dangerous individual will now be serving time for his actions.”
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Dykes strikes late as QPR down Swansea
- 6 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 7 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 8 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids