Man jailed for racist attack on bus driver in Cricklewood
Foul-mouthed passenger spat at worker in front of passangers
A foul-mouthed passenger who hurled racist abuse at a bus driver before spitting at him has been sent to jail.
Brent Magistrates Court heard Darrell Krist Jansson carried out his vile act after boarding the N16 bus in Mora Road, Cricklewood, at around 3am on June 25 this year.
He started shouting racist obscenities at the driver in front of shock passengers before spitting at him and jumping ff the bus.
He was caught after the bus driver used a swab kit to gather his saliva which matched Jansson’s DNA.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Brent Magistrates’ Court, the 23-year-old from Fulham admitted racially aggravated public order and racially aggravated common assault and was jailed for 13 weeks.
PC Andy Walker from the Safer Transport Team said: “This is a fantastic result for both the Safer Transport Team and for the Bus Network as a potentially dangerous individual will now be serving time for his actions.”
- 1 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 2 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 7 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 8 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 9 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 10 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling