Man jailed for racist attack on bus driver in Cricklewood
Foul-mouthed passenger spat at worker in front of passangers
A foul-mouthed passenger who hurled racist abuse at a bus driver before spitting at him has been sent to jail.
Brent Magistrates Court heard Darrell Krist Jansson carried out his vile act after boarding the N16 bus in Mora Road, Cricklewood, at around 3am on June 25 this year.
He started shouting racist obscenities at the driver in front of shock passengers before spitting at him and jumping ff the bus.
He was caught after the bus driver used a swab kit to gather his saliva which matched Jansson’s DNA.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Brent Magistrates’ Court, the 23-year-old from Fulham admitted racially aggravated public order and racially aggravated common assault and was jailed for 13 weeks.
PC Andy Walker from the Safer Transport Team said: “This is a fantastic result for both the Safer Transport Team and for the Bus Network as a potentially dangerous individual will now be serving time for his actions.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London