Man jailed for racist attack on bus driver in Cricklewood
Foul-mouthed passenger spat at worker in front of passangers
A foul-mouthed passenger who hurled racist abuse at a bus driver before spitting at him has been sent to jail.
Brent Magistrates Court heard Darrell Krist Jansson carried out his vile act after boarding the N16 bus in Mora Road, Cricklewood, at around 3am on June 25 this year.
He started shouting racist obscenities at the driver in front of shock passengers before spitting at him and jumping ff the bus.
He was caught after the bus driver used a swab kit to gather his saliva which matched Jansson’s DNA.
You may also want to watch:
Last week at Brent Magistrates’ Court, the 23-year-old from Fulham admitted racially aggravated public order and racially aggravated common assault and was jailed for 13 weeks.
PC Andy Walker from the Safer Transport Team said: “This is a fantastic result for both the Safer Transport Team and for the Bus Network as a potentially dangerous individual will now be serving time for his actions.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds