Man jailed for life for racist stabbing in Paddington
- Credit: Archant
A racist thug who slashed a shopkeeper’s neck in his store in Paddington leaving him millimetres from death has been jailed for life.
Andrew Jefferson, 53, yelled ‘you f*****g foreigners, coming to the UK to poison the British people’ before knifing Hilmi Uludag at Padiciya Wine on London Street, on October 18 last year.
The victim was left with slashes to the throat that required 12 stitches and cuts to his chin and leg.
Southwark Crown Court heard the wounds severed the nerves in his face and he was lucky to survive the frenzy.
Turkish national Mr Uludag had sold Jefferson two cans of beer between 10.30 and 11.00 that evening.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Uludag said: “He said nothing, no words at all.
“He didn’t even say a word, he took the bag he was just looking at me, not even one word and he just walked out.”
- 1 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 4 Habitual Harlesden car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 7 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town
- 8 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 9 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
But Jefferson was suffering from a delusion that the beer sold to him was poisoned.
Two hours later Jefferson returned with a small black-handled kitchen knife stuffed up his jumper walked behind the counter of the shop and attacked the shopkeeper.
Mr Uludag said: “I was screaming, I was saying “I have been stabbed, I have been stabbed”. “
His nerves were severed from a cut to the chin and he remains unsure if they will grow again.
Jefferson was found guilty of attempted murder in March after admitting the lesser charge of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.
Judge Martin Beddoe sentenced Jefferson, who is currently held in a secure mental health facility, to life imprisonment and ordered he serve at least 10 years.
Jefferson appeared in the dock surrounded by three mental health professionals and will remain in a medium-secure unit before moving to prison if treatment is successful.