Man jailed for burgling elderly couple’s home in Brent
- Credit: Archant
George Borta, 35, is also wanted for similar offences in Enfield
A burglar has been jailed for breaking into an elderly couple’s home in Brent while they were out shopping.
George Borta forced open the property’s side door to gain entry into the address on January 30.
His fingerprints were found at the scene and police launched a manhunt to trace him.
The 35-year-old is also wanted in connection with two similar offences in Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in Dover on Sunday and appeared before Hendon Magistrates’ Court yesterday where he admitted carrying out the burglary.
He was jailed for six months.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park