Man jailed for burgling elderly couple’s home in Brent
- Credit: Archant
George Borta, 35, is also wanted for similar offences in Enfield
A burglar has been jailed for breaking into an elderly couple’s home in Brent while they were out shopping.
George Borta forced open the property’s side door to gain entry into the address on January 30.
His fingerprints were found at the scene and police launched a manhunt to trace him.
The 35-year-old is also wanted in connection with two similar offences in Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in Dover on Sunday and appeared before Hendon Magistrates’ Court yesterday where he admitted carrying out the burglary.
He was jailed for six months.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed