Man jailed for burgling elderly couple’s home in Brent
- Credit: Archant
George Borta, 35, is also wanted for similar offences in Enfield
A burglar has been jailed for breaking into an elderly couple’s home in Brent while they were out shopping.
George Borta forced open the property’s side door to gain entry into the address on January 30.
His fingerprints were found at the scene and police launched a manhunt to trace him.
The 35-year-old is also wanted in connection with two similar offences in Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in Dover on Sunday and appeared before Hendon Magistrates’ Court yesterday where he admitted carrying out the burglary.
He was jailed for six months.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 5 Willesden residents say 'no' to new betting shop
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids