Man jailed for burgling elderly couple’s home in Brent
- Credit: Archant
George Borta, 35, is also wanted for similar offences in Enfield
A burglar has been jailed for breaking into an elderly couple’s home in Brent while they were out shopping.
George Borta forced open the property’s side door to gain entry into the address on January 30.
His fingerprints were found at the scene and police launched a manhunt to trace him.
The 35-year-old is also wanted in connection with two similar offences in Enfield.
You may also want to watch:
He was arrested in Dover on Sunday and appeared before Hendon Magistrates’ Court yesterday where he admitted carrying out the burglary.
He was jailed for six months.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 10 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park