Man jailed for attempted theft in Dollis Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man from Dollis Hill has been sentenced to jail for attempting to steal from a car in the earlier hours of the morning.
A prolific thief who breached his Asbo by breaking into a car near his home in Dollis Hill has been jailed.
John Dunne, 32, of Oxgate Gardens, ignored the terms of the order which banned from touching any motor vehicle without the permission of the owner to strike in Ellesmere Road.
Hendon Magistrates’ Court heard the victim parked his Mercedes E250 outside his home on September 1 at around 12.20am when shortly after the driver’s door window had been smashed and the door frame bent.
Dunne was linked to the crime by his DNA.
You may also want to watch:
Last week he admitted guilty to vehicle interference and was sentenced to 16 weeks.
DC Claire McGlynn from Brent CID said: “Mr Dunne is a prolific offender. He had only recently been issued with an Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) preventing him from touching any motor vehicle without the permission of the owner.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 6 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 7 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 8 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 9 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 10 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
“He then subsequently went on to commit this offence shortly after being released from prison.
“The swift actions of the police have ensured he is no longer on our streets committing crime.
“Vehicle owners are advised to ensure their vehicles are secure at all times and items of value are removed or kept out of sight.”