Man jailed for attempted theft in Dollis Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man from Dollis Hill has been sentenced to jail for attempting to steal from a car in the earlier hours of the morning.
A prolific thief who breached his Asbo by breaking into a car near his home in Dollis Hill has been jailed.
John Dunne, 32, of Oxgate Gardens, ignored the terms of the order which banned from touching any motor vehicle without the permission of the owner to strike in Ellesmere Road.
Hendon Magistrates’ Court heard the victim parked his Mercedes E250 outside his home on September 1 at around 12.20am when shortly after the driver’s door window had been smashed and the door frame bent.
Dunne was linked to the crime by his DNA.
You may also want to watch:
Last week he admitted guilty to vehicle interference and was sentenced to 16 weeks.
DC Claire McGlynn from Brent CID said: “Mr Dunne is a prolific offender. He had only recently been issued with an Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) preventing him from touching any motor vehicle without the permission of the owner.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 QPR have match postponed at home to Wycombe due to Covid-19 precautions
- 10 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
“He then subsequently went on to commit this offence shortly after being released from prison.
“The swift actions of the police have ensured he is no longer on our streets committing crime.
“Vehicle owners are advised to ensure their vehicles are secure at all times and items of value are removed or kept out of sight.”