Man jailed for attempted theft in Dollis Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man from Dollis Hill has been sentenced to jail for attempting to steal from a car in the earlier hours of the morning.
A prolific thief who breached his Asbo by breaking into a car near his home in Dollis Hill has been jailed.
John Dunne, 32, of Oxgate Gardens, ignored the terms of the order which banned from touching any motor vehicle without the permission of the owner to strike in Ellesmere Road.
Hendon Magistrates’ Court heard the victim parked his Mercedes E250 outside his home on September 1 at around 12.20am when shortly after the driver’s door window had been smashed and the door frame bent.
Dunne was linked to the crime by his DNA.
You may also want to watch:
Last week he admitted guilty to vehicle interference and was sentenced to 16 weeks.
DC Claire McGlynn from Brent CID said: “Mr Dunne is a prolific offender. He had only recently been issued with an Anti Social Behaviour Order (ASBO) preventing him from touching any motor vehicle without the permission of the owner.
- 1 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 2 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
“He then subsequently went on to commit this offence shortly after being released from prison.
“The swift actions of the police have ensured he is no longer on our streets committing crime.
“Vehicle owners are advised to ensure their vehicles are secure at all times and items of value are removed or kept out of sight.”