Man injured following second lorry road accident on Kilburn High Road in fortnight
Pedestrian sustains ‘life changing’ injuries 12 days after woman killed on same street
A pensioner has been taken to hospital with ‘life changing’ injuries following a collision with a lorry on Kilburn High Road.
Police were called to reports of an accident on Kilburn High Road just after 2pm today (Monday).
Ambulance crews raced to the scene where they found the man, 70, with serious injuries to his foot. He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington with what the emergency services described as ‘life changing injuries to his foot’ but his condition is not life threatening.
The collision comes just a short while after Halima Ahmed, 75, of Malvern Road, South Kilburn, was killed following a collision with a lorry on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ahmed was declared dead at the scene following the accident on Wednesday July 18.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids