Man injured following second lorry road accident on Kilburn High Road in fortnight
Pedestrian sustains ‘life changing’ injuries 12 days after woman killed on same street
A pensioner has been taken to hospital with ‘life changing’ injuries following a collision with a lorry on Kilburn High Road.
Police were called to reports of an accident on Kilburn High Road just after 2pm today (Monday).
Ambulance crews raced to the scene where they found the man, 70, with serious injuries to his foot. He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington with what the emergency services described as ‘life changing injuries to his foot’ but his condition is not life threatening.
The collision comes just a short while after Halima Ahmed, 75, of Malvern Road, South Kilburn, was killed following a collision with a lorry on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ahmed was declared dead at the scene following the accident on Wednesday July 18.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants