Man injured following second lorry road accident on Kilburn High Road in fortnight
Pedestrian sustains ‘life changing’ injuries 12 days after woman killed on same street
A pensioner has been taken to hospital with ‘life changing’ injuries following a collision with a lorry on Kilburn High Road.
Police were called to reports of an accident on Kilburn High Road just after 2pm today (Monday).
Ambulance crews raced to the scene where they found the man, 70, with serious injuries to his foot. He was taken to St Mary’s Hospital in Paddington with what the emergency services described as ‘life changing injuries to his foot’ but his condition is not life threatening.
The collision comes just a short while after Halima Ahmed, 75, of Malvern Road, South Kilburn, was killed following a collision with a lorry on the same road.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Ahmed was declared dead at the scene following the accident on Wednesday July 18.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 10 Dawn Butler joins Harlesden primary school's Macmillan Coffee Morning