Man in serious condition after being shot in Kensal Rise
Victim was gunned down in Pember Road on Saturday afternoon
A man is in a serious condition after being gunned down on Saturday afternoon.
The victim, who is in 30s, was shot at an address in Pember Road, Kensal Rise, at around 3.05pm.
He was rushed to hospital where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening but he is in a serious condition.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime in London, are investigating the shooting.
Cllr James Denselow, Labour councillor for Queen’s Park, visited the scene with the police to reassure residents.
He said: “Going door to door with the Safer Neighbourhood Team highlighted to me the strong community spirit in the area and their absolute rejection of this kind of behaviour.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person
- 10 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
“Thankfully incidents like this are incredibly rare in Brent.”
A man in his 20s who was arrested in connection with the shooting has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.