Man in serious condition after being shot in Kensal Rise
Victim was gunned down in Pember Road on Saturday afternoon
A man is in a serious condition after being gunned down on Saturday afternoon.
The victim, who is in 30s, was shot at an address in Pember Road, Kensal Rise, at around 3.05pm.
He was rushed to hospital where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening but he is in a serious condition.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime in London, are investigating the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr James Denselow, Labour councillor for Queen’s Park, visited the scene with the police to reassure residents.
He said: “Going door to door with the Safer Neighbourhood Team highlighted to me the strong community spirit in the area and their absolute rejection of this kind of behaviour.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 7 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
“Thankfully incidents like this are incredibly rare in Brent.”
A man in his 20s who was arrested in connection with the shooting has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.