Man in serious condition after being shot in Kensal Rise
Victim was gunned down in Pember Road on Saturday afternoon
A man is in a serious condition after being gunned down on Saturday afternoon.
The victim, who is in 30s, was shot at an address in Pember Road, Kensal Rise, at around 3.05pm.
He was rushed to hospital where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening but he is in a serious condition.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime in London, are investigating the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr James Denselow, Labour councillor for Queen’s Park, visited the scene with the police to reassure residents.
He said: “Going door to door with the Safer Neighbourhood Team highlighted to me the strong community spirit in the area and their absolute rejection of this kind of behaviour.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
“Thankfully incidents like this are incredibly rare in Brent.”
A man in his 20s who was arrested in connection with the shooting has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.