Man in serious condition after being shot in Kensal Rise
Victim was gunned down in Pember Road on Saturday afternoon
A man is in a serious condition after being gunned down on Saturday afternoon.
The victim, who is in 30s, was shot at an address in Pember Road, Kensal Rise, at around 3.05pm.
He was rushed to hospital where his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening but he is in a serious condition.
Officers from Operation Trident, the Met’s specialist team that probes gun crime in London, are investigating the shooting.
Cllr James Denselow, Labour councillor for Queen’s Park, visited the scene with the police to reassure residents.
He said: “Going door to door with the Safer Neighbourhood Team highlighted to me the strong community spirit in the area and their absolute rejection of this kind of behaviour.
- 1 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 3 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 4 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 5 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 6 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 7 Covid: North London hospital admissions rising amid national surge
- 8 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 9 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 10 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
“Thankfully incidents like this are incredibly rare in Brent.”
A man in his 20s who was arrested in connection with the shooting has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date.
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.