Man in court accused of killing Kilburn fashion designer Shaun Akanbi
- Credit: Archant
Founder of Billy Boyce was stabbed to death in his flat in Exeter Road
A man accused of stabbing a fashion designer to death in his Kilburn flat has appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Achraf Jandara, 20, allegedly killed Shaun Akanbi, 26, at his home in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road.
The body of Mr Akanabi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, was discovered on December 20 last year.
Mr Akanbi founded Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
You may also want to watch:
Fans of the brand, named after its founder’s father, include Brit award winner Miss Dynamite and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
Jandara, a Moroccan national, appeared via videolink from prison for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
He pleaded not guilty to the single charge of murder.
Judge John Bevan QC set the trial for 28 May this year. The case is expected to last two weeks.
Jandara, from Camberwell, southeast London, was remanded in custody.