Man in court accused of killing Kilburn fashion designer Shaun Akanbi
- Credit: Archant
Founder of Billy Boyce was stabbed to death in his flat in Exeter Road
A man accused of stabbing a fashion designer to death in his Kilburn flat has appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Achraf Jandara, 20, allegedly killed Shaun Akanbi, 26, at his home in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road.
The body of Mr Akanabi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, was discovered on December 20 last year.
Mr Akanbi founded Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
You may also want to watch:
Fans of the brand, named after its founder’s father, include Brit award winner Miss Dynamite and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
Jandara, a Moroccan national, appeared via videolink from prison for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 2 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 3 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 4 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 5 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 6 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 7 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 8 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 9 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 10 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
He pleaded not guilty to the single charge of murder.
Judge John Bevan QC set the trial for 28 May this year. The case is expected to last two weeks.
Jandara, from Camberwell, southeast London, was remanded in custody.