Man in court accused of killing Kilburn fashion designer Shaun Akanbi
- Credit: Archant
Founder of Billy Boyce was stabbed to death in his flat in Exeter Road
A man accused of stabbing a fashion designer to death in his Kilburn flat has appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Achraf Jandara, 20, allegedly killed Shaun Akanbi, 26, at his home in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road.
The body of Mr Akanabi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, was discovered on December 20 last year.
Mr Akanbi founded Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
You may also want to watch:
Fans of the brand, named after its founder’s father, include Brit award winner Miss Dynamite and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
Jandara, a Moroccan national, appeared via videolink from prison for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
He pleaded not guilty to the single charge of murder.
Judge John Bevan QC set the trial for 28 May this year. The case is expected to last two weeks.
Jandara, from Camberwell, southeast London, was remanded in custody.