Man in court accused of killing Kilburn fashion designer Shaun Akanbi
- Credit: Archant
Founder of Billy Boyce was stabbed to death in his flat in Exeter Road
A man accused of stabbing a fashion designer to death in his Kilburn flat has appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Achraf Jandara, 20, allegedly killed Shaun Akanbi, 26, at his home in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road.
The body of Mr Akanabi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, was discovered on December 20 last year.
Mr Akanbi founded Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
Fans of the brand, named after its founder’s father, include Brit award winner Miss Dynamite and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
Jandara, a Moroccan national, appeared via videolink from prison for a plea and case management hearing.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 4 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 5 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 6 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 9 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 10 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
He pleaded not guilty to the single charge of murder.
Judge John Bevan QC set the trial for 28 May this year. The case is expected to last two weeks.
Jandara, from Camberwell, southeast London, was remanded in custody.