Wembley murder: Man in his 30s gunned down in Harrow Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was gunned down in Wembley.
Emergency services were scrambled to Harrow Road at 8.10pm last night to reports of a shooting.
A man in his 30s was found suffering from critical gunshot injuries, Scotland Yard said.
He was taken to a north London hospital but died a short while later.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to take place.
Bhavesh Halai was returning home after visiting his brother when he saw the victim taken away by ambulance. "It's so awful," he said.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
Detectives from the Met's murder squad is working is investigating the killing with local Brent officers.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
The road was closed in both directions between the A406 North Circular Road and Victoria Avenue yesterday evening .
People can expect an enhanced police presence in the area.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 9128/5July or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.