Wembley murder: Man in his 30s gunned down in Harrow Road
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched after a man was gunned down in Wembley.
Emergency services were scrambled to Harrow Road at 8.10pm last night to reports of a shooting.
A man in his 30s was found suffering from critical gunshot injuries, Scotland Yard said.
He was taken to a north London hospital but died a short while later.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
A post-mortem examination is due to take place.
Bhavesh Halai was returning home after visiting his brother when he saw the victim taken away by ambulance. "It's so awful," he said.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 3 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 4 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
Detectives from the Met's murder squad is working is investigating the killing with local Brent officers.
No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.
The road was closed in both directions between the A406 North Circular Road and Victoria Avenue yesterday evening .
People can expect an enhanced police presence in the area.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 quoting CAD 9128/5July or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.