Man fighting for his life following New Year’s Day shooting in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after being gunned down in a suspected gang-related shooting on New Year’s Day in Queen’s Park.
The 27-year-old victim is in a critical condition after he was found with several gunshot wounds in Droop Street at around 6.40am.
Detectives believe he may have staggered on to the resident road after being shot nearby.
A resident in Huxley Street, who does not want to be named, told the Times there has been a heavy police presence in the area since the shooting.
Police are yet to make an arrest and enquiries continue.
They have not ruled out a gang-related motive.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 4 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street