Man fighting for his life following New Year’s Day shooting in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after being gunned down in a suspected gang-related shooting on New Year’s Day in Queen’s Park.
The 27-year-old victim is in a critical condition after he was found with several gunshot wounds in Droop Street at around 6.40am.
Detectives believe he may have staggered on to the resident road after being shot nearby.
A resident in Huxley Street, who does not want to be named, told the Times there has been a heavy police presence in the area since the shooting.
Police are yet to make an arrest and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
They have not ruled out a gang-related motive.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods