Man fighting for his life following New Year’s Day shooting in Queen’s Park
- Credit: Archant
A man is fighting for his life after being gunned down in a suspected gang-related shooting on New Year’s Day in Queen’s Park.
The 27-year-old victim is in a critical condition after he was found with several gunshot wounds in Droop Street at around 6.40am.
Detectives believe he may have staggered on to the resident road after being shot nearby.
A resident in Huxley Street, who does not want to be named, told the Times there has been a heavy police presence in the area since the shooting.
Police are yet to make an arrest and enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
They have not ruled out a gang-related motive.
Any witnesses or anyone with any information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 6 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 7 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 8 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 9 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 10 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding