Man charged with murder following fatal stabbing of Peter Petrou in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder in connection with the fatal stabbing of Peter Petrou in Kilburn.
Chihab Saleh, 23, of Kilburn Square, was charged with murder, possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and possession of a knife in a public place.
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at a virtual hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (July 23), Scotland Yard said.
Emergency services were called at 10.25pm on July 16.
Mr Petrou, who was aged 37 and lived in West Kilburn, was taken to a central London hospital but was pronounced dead just before 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin are being supported by specially trained officers.
Anyone with information call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 8685/16Jul.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. They will not ask for your name and there are no traces to the call or I.P address.