Man charged with murder following fatal stabbing of Peter Petrou in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder in connection with the fatal stabbing of Peter Petrou in Kilburn.
Chihab Saleh, 23, of Kilburn Square, was charged with murder, possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and possession of a knife in a public place.
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at a virtual hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (July 23), Scotland Yard said.
Emergency services were called at 10.25pm on July 16.
Mr Petrou, who was aged 37 and lived in West Kilburn, was taken to a central London hospital but was pronounced dead just before 11pm.
His next of kin are being supported by specially trained officers.
Anyone with information call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 8685/16Jul.
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 5 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 7 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 8 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 9 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. They will not ask for your name and there are no traces to the call or I.P address.