Man charged with murder following fatal stabbing of Peter Petrou in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with murder in connection with the fatal stabbing of Peter Petrou in Kilburn.
Chihab Saleh, 23, of Kilburn Square, was charged with murder, possession of an offensive weapon in a public place and possession of a knife in a public place.
He was remanded in custody and is due to appear at a virtual hearing at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court today (July 23), Scotland Yard said.
Emergency services were called at 10.25pm on July 16.
Mr Petrou, who was aged 37 and lived in West Kilburn, was taken to a central London hospital but was pronounced dead just before 11pm.
You may also want to watch:
His next of kin are being supported by specially trained officers.
Anyone with information call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 8685/16Jul.
- 1 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 9 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Alternatively contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. They will not ask for your name and there are no traces to the call or I.P address.