Man charged with assaulting officers during arrest in Neasden
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged with assaulting three police officers in Neasden as they attempted to arrest him.
Ahmed Geele, 26, appeared at Willesden Magistrates’ Court on Monday charged with three counts of assaulting a constable in the execution of their duty, one count of obstructing police and one count of criminal damage to a police cell.
Police said they were called to Crest Road on January 6 just before 6.50pm following reports of a house break-in.
On arrival, the officers say they attempted to arrest Geele, of York Way, Camden, in a nearby garden.
It is alleged that during the arrest Geele fought with officers, assaulting three.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to a north London police station and remanded in custody.
Geele has been released on conditional bail until February 26 when he will return to the same court.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 3 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 4 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes