Man charged with murder of Agnes Akom
- Credit: Met Police
A 63-year-old man has been charged with the murder of a 20-year-old woman who is still missing from Cricklewood.
Agnes Akom, who was also known as Dora, was last seen in Cricklewood Broadway on Sunday, May 9.
The young woman was reported missing two days later and an investigation was launched.
Neculai Paizan, 63, was arrested on May 18 in connection with Agnes’ disappearance.
On Sunday evening ( May 23), he was charged with her murder.
He is due to appear at Willesden Magistrates’ Court today (May 24)
A Met spokesperson said: "Agnes’ body has not yet been found.
"Detectives are still pursuing all possible lines of enquiry and are appealing for the public to come forward if they see or have seen anything suspicious that they feel may be relevant."
Agnes is approximately 5ft 5ins, proportionate build, blonde-haired, and is believed to have been wearing a distinctive white faux-fur coat, blue ripped jeans and light pink trainers.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 5 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 6 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
- 10 Wembley sickle cell sufferer died due to 'neglect' at Northwick Park Hospital
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC quoting 21MIS013067.