Man charged in connection with hit-and-run in Wembley which injured a police officer
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a hit-and-run incident in Wembley involving a police officer.
Police attempted to stop an Alfa Romeo at 4.10pm in Windermere Avenue because they suspected the man was driving while disqualified.
A female police officer was taken to hospital with leg and neck injuries after the driver failed to stop.
Ricky Johnson, 32, of Daintry Close, Harrow, has been charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH), dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, and failing to stop and driving without insurance.
He is due to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court today after being arrested yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the North-West BCU are investigating.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 3 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 4 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 5 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Young winners excel at Queen's Park Book Festival
- 8 Crowds flock to Queen's Park Book Festival 2021
- 9 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 10 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'