Man charged in connection with hit-and-run in Wembley which injured a police officer
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a hit-and-run incident in Wembley involving a police officer.
Police attempted to stop an Alfa Romeo at 4.10pm in Windermere Avenue because they suspected the man was driving while disqualified.
A female police officer was taken to hospital with leg and neck injuries after the driver failed to stop.
Ricky Johnson, 32, of Daintry Close, Harrow, has been charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH), dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, and failing to stop and driving without insurance.
He is due to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court today after being arrested yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the North-West BCU are investigating.
- 1 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 2 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 3 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 4 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 6 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 7 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 8 Met officer found guilty of assault after grabbing victim when off duty
- 9 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 10 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs