Man charged in connection with hit-and-run in Wembley which injured a police officer
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with a hit-and-run incident in Wembley involving a police officer.
Police attempted to stop an Alfa Romeo at 4.10pm in Windermere Avenue because they suspected the man was driving while disqualified.
A female police officer was taken to hospital with leg and neck injuries after the driver failed to stop.
Ricky Johnson, 32, of Daintry Close, Harrow, has been charged with grievous bodily harm (GBH), dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, and failing to stop and driving without insurance.
He is due to appear at Willesden Magistrates' Court today after being arrested yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives from the North-West BCU are investigating.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way