Man charged with murder in connection with 38-year-old Kilburn case
- Credit: Met
Police investigating the killing of Christopher Ainscough 38 years ago in Kilburn have charged a man.
In December 1983, Mr Ainscough was found dead inside his home in Windmill Court, Shoot-Up Hill.
Police believed the 50-year-old, who had suffered significant head injuries, had been attacked sometime between December 2 and 5, Scotland Yard said.
Anthony Kemp, 58, of no fixed address, has been charged with murder and remanded in custody to appear at Wimbledon Magistrates' Court today (February 3) following his arrest yesterday.
Detectives are appealing for any of Christopher's relatives, or anyone who knew them, to make contact.
You may also want to watch:
At the time, officers attempted to trace and inform Christopher's next of kin but were not successful.
Anyone who can help can call the police incident room on 020 8721 4205.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 5 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 6 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 7 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 8 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk
- 9 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims