Man being questioned over murder of 21-year-old from Brent in Bournemouth
Reece James, from Wembley, was gunned down in the Boscombe area on Wednesday morning
Detectives investigating the murder of a Brent man in Bournemouth have made an arrest.
The 21-year-old victim, who has been named on social networking sites as Reece James from Wembley, was gunned down in the Boscombe area in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Yesterday (Thursday), Dorset Police arrested a 22-year-old man and he is currently being questioned.
Mr James, who is known as ‘Stylie’, is believed to be a member of the Church Road Soldiers (CRS) – a gang known to operate out of the Church End estate in Harlesden.
You may also want to watch:
The Boscombe area in the seaside town is notorious for crime and has become a base for Somali drug dealers.
The detective leading the murder hunt believes Mr James was shot in the face by gang rivals.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 4 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 5 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 6 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 7 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 8 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 9 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 10 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
Detective Chief Inspector Kevin Connolly said: “We are still investigating the circumstances of this death but I believe this was a pre-planned and targeted attack by a number of offenders
“I would like to reassure the local community that there is no immediate concern for the safety of the public.”
Hundreds of tributes have been left to Mr James online buy his devastated friends.One user, who has a picture of CRS on their Twitter handle, posted the message: “R.I.P Zino, Stylie G.B.N.F”. Wayne Freckleton, a member of the Church Road Soldiers who was shot and killed in Ike’s Barbershop in Harlesden in 2008 was also known as Zino.
Another user, who in his bio on Twitter identifies himself as ‘Church Road Blockzz’, wrote: “Cant believe what i heard today so upsetting R.I.P My older g Stylie gone but never forgotton g !”
Police are calling for witnesses or anyone with information to call Dorset Police on 01202 22 22 22 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.