Man beaten to death in Wembley is 39-year-old from the Somali community
Victim died after being found with serious head injuries
A man beaten to death in Wembley yesterday morning has been named locally as a 39-year-old from the Somali community.
The victim, named as Abdi Mohammed, sustained serious head injuries during a fight in a property in St John’s Road.
Police were called to the scene at 2.20am where Mr Mohammed was rushed to Northwick Park Hospital where he died at 3.27am.
A post mortem into the cause of Mr Mohammed’s death proved inconclusive.
You may also want to watch:
A second one will be held at a later date.
DI Mark Lawson from the Met’s Homicide and Serious Crime Command is leading the murder hunt.
- 1 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 5 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 6 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 7 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 8 Free online double documentary and conversation with artists of the Windrush generation
- 9 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 10 Primary school in Kilburn back open after staff member contracted Covid
Anyone with information should contact the incident room on 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 39-year-old is being questioned on suspicion of murder following his arrest yesterday afternoon (Tuesday).