Man arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder Abdul Hadi Arwani also held on suspicion of terrorism offences as police arrest woman,53
- Credit: Archant
Counter terrorism officers investigating the death of Syrian preacher Abdul Hadi Arwani have arrested a 53-year-old woman and have further arrested a 61-year-old man on suspicion of terrorism offences following his arrest on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder yesterday.
The woman, 53, was arrested in Brent yesterday on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism. She remains in custody at a south London police station.
Police also confirmed they continue to question a 61-year-old man on suspicion of conspiracy to commit murder and have further arrested him on suspicion of terrorism offences following the death of Abdul Hadi Arwani.
The father-of-six, an outspoken critic of the Assad regime in Syria, was found shot dead in a car in The Greenhill, at the junction of The Paddocks, on April 7.
Detectives also continue to carry out searches of two addresses, including the An Noor Cultural and Community Centre in Acton, west London, which is the mosque where Mr Arwani previously served as imam from 2005-2011.
You may also want to watch:
Today,Leslie Cooper, 36, of Nightingale Road, Harlesden, is due to appear at the Old Bailey charged with Mr Arwani’s murder.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent