Man arrested after knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a four-hour knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise today.
Police were called to an address in Clifford Gardens at around 9am after receiving reports of a man threatening bailiffs who arrived at the property with a knife.
According to a witness the man ran out of the address and slashed several tyres on a car before going back to the property and refusing to leave.
Police cordoned off surrounding roads while negotiators spoke to the man who gave himself up at around 1pm.
He was arrested on suspicion of affray and possessing a weapon and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The closed roads have been reopened.
- 1 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 QPR have 'great opportunity' to reach last eight of Carabao Cup
- 5 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 6 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 7 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 8 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing