Man arrested after knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a four-hour knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise today.
Police were called to an address in Clifford Gardens at around 9am after receiving reports of a man threatening bailiffs who arrived at the property with a knife.
According to a witness the man ran out of the address and slashed several tyres on a car before going back to the property and refusing to leave.
Police cordoned off surrounding roads while negotiators spoke to the man who gave himself up at around 1pm.
He was arrested on suspicion of affray and possessing a weapon and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The closed roads have been reopened.
- 1 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 2 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 3 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 6 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 7 Dykes double helps QPR defeat Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Two 17-year-old boys shot and stabbed in Kingsbury
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!