Man arrested after knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a four-hour knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise today.
Police were called to an address in Clifford Gardens at around 9am after receiving reports of a man threatening bailiffs who arrived at the property with a knife.
According to a witness the man ran out of the address and slashed several tyres on a car before going back to the property and refusing to leave.
Police cordoned off surrounding roads while negotiators spoke to the man who gave himself up at around 1pm.
He was arrested on suspicion of affray and possessing a weapon and is currently in custody.
You may also want to watch:
The closed roads have been reopened.
- 1 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 10 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai