Man arrested after knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a four-hour knifepoint siege in Kensal Rise today.
Police were called to an address in Clifford Gardens at around 9am after receiving reports of a man threatening bailiffs who arrived at the property with a knife.
According to a witness the man ran out of the address and slashed several tyres on a car before going back to the property and refusing to leave.
Police cordoned off surrounding roads while negotiators spoke to the man who gave himself up at around 1pm.
He was arrested on suspicion of affray and possessing a weapon and is currently in custody.
The closed roads have been reopened.
- 1 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 2 Four adults and child rescued from roof as blaze destroys flat
- 3 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 4 We deserved win over West Brom says QPR boss Warburton
- 5 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Four LTN schemes could be scrapped in Brent
- 8 Low Covid booster uptake in Brent
- 9 Austin leaves it late to lift QPR past former club West Brom
- 10 Girl, 14, sexually assaulted on Tube by man who asked for her Snapchat