Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- Credit: David Nathan
A man has been arrested following a shooting in Kingsbury where several cars were damaged.
Police and armed officers were called to Church Lane at the junction with Slough Lane at 4.15pm on Friday (May 7) following reports of a firearm discharge.
There were no reported injuries as a direct result of the shooting, Scotland Yard said.
A spokesperson said: "Officers carried out a thorough search of the area, and located a car nearby which is believed to have ballistic damage.
"Several other vehicles were also damaged."
A man was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences. He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
Officers remain in the area and a crime scene is in place.
- 1 A Level results 2022: Brent schools as they come in
- 2 Three found guilty of murder for involvement in fatal gunfight
- 3 Brent triple shooting leaves victims in hospital
- 4 ‘A Windrush Lioness’: Tributes paid to Harlesden resident Lera Clarke
- 5 Brent Liberal Democrats call for faster monkeypox vaccine roll-out
- 6 Pensioner dies and bus passengers injured in Wembley collision
- 7 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 8 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 9 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 10 'Dangerous' uni student jailed for 38 years for 'random' knife attacks
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 5150/07May.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111