Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- Credit: David Nathan
A man has been arrested following a shooting in Kingsbury where several cars were damaged.
Police and armed officers were called to Church Lane at the junction with Slough Lane at 4.15pm on Friday (May 7) following reports of a firearm discharge.
There were no reported injuries as a direct result of the shooting, Scotland Yard said.
A spokesperson said: "Officers carried out a thorough search of the area, and located a car nearby which is believed to have ballistic damage.
"Several other vehicles were also damaged."
You may also want to watch:
A man was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences. He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
Officers remain in the area and a crime scene is in place.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 5150/07May.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111