Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- Credit: David Nathan
A man has been arrested following a shooting in Kingsbury where several cars were damaged.
Police and armed officers were called to Church Lane at the junction with Slough Lane at 4.15pm on Friday (May 7) following reports of a firearm discharge.
There were no reported injuries as a direct result of the shooting, Scotland Yard said.
A spokesperson said: "Officers carried out a thorough search of the area, and located a car nearby which is believed to have ballistic damage.
"Several other vehicles were also damaged."
A man was arrested on suspicion of firearms offences. He was taken to a north London police station where he remains in custody.
Officers remain in the area and a crime scene is in place.
- 1 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 2 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 3 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 4 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 5 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Wembley man who used child to sell drugs due in court
- 9 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86
- 10 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference Cad 5150/07May.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111