Man appears in court charged with Kilburn murder
Achraf Jandra is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi, founder of Billy Boyce urbanwear
A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a fashion designer in Kilburn
Achraf Jandara. 20, of Comber Grove, Camberwell, is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi.
The 26-year-old was found dead in his flat in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road on December 20.
A post-mortem examination gave his cause of death as multiple stab wounds to the torso.
You may also want to watch:
Jandara appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (Monday) he was remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 2 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 3 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 4 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 5 View from the chamber - 'The recycling centre is just inside the new ULEZ boundary'
- 6 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 7 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 8 Wembley Football League supported by Raheem Sterling sees drama on finals day
- 9 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 10 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
Mr Akanbi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, founded urban designer house Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
Named after Mr Akanbi’s father Billy, the fashion house is described as Mayfair style fused with Camden street culture on its official website.
Fans and wearers of Billy Boyce clothing include Miss Dynamite, Ironik and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
A 19-year-old who was also arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed