Man appears in court charged with Kilburn murder
Achraf Jandra is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi, founder of Billy Boyce urbanwear
A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a fashion designer in Kilburn
Achraf Jandara. 20, of Comber Grove, Camberwell, is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi.
The 26-year-old was found dead in his flat in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road on December 20.
A post-mortem examination gave his cause of death as multiple stab wounds to the torso.
You may also want to watch:
Jandara appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (Monday) he was remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 2 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 7 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 8 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
Mr Akanbi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, founded urban designer house Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
Named after Mr Akanbi’s father Billy, the fashion house is described as Mayfair style fused with Camden street culture on its official website.
Fans and wearers of Billy Boyce clothing include Miss Dynamite, Ironik and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
A 19-year-old who was also arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed