Man appears in court charged with Kilburn murder
Achraf Jandra is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi, founder of Billy Boyce urbanwear
A man has appeared in court charged with the murder of a fashion designer in Kilburn
Achraf Jandara. 20, of Comber Grove, Camberwell, is accused of killing Shaun Akanbi.
The 26-year-old was found dead in his flat in Cedar Lodge in Exeter Road on December 20.
A post-mortem examination gave his cause of death as multiple stab wounds to the torso.
You may also want to watch:
Jandara appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court today (Monday) he was remanded in custody.
He is due to appear at the Old Bailey on Wednesday.
- 1 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 2 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 5 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 6 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 7 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 10 We didn't stand up insists QPR boss Warburton in Rotherham defeat
Mr Akanbi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, founded urban designer house Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
Named after Mr Akanbi’s father Billy, the fashion house is described as Mayfair style fused with Camden street culture on its official website.
Fans and wearers of Billy Boyce clothing include Miss Dynamite, Ironik and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
A 19-year-old who was also arrested in connection with the investigation has been bailed