Man accused of robbing Wembley jewellery shop appears in court
Thousands of pounds worth of Asian-gold items were stolen from Raj Jewels in Ealing Road
A man has appeared in court accused of being part of a robbery gang who targeted a jewellery shop in Wembley.
Up to 10 armed robbers brandishing hammers and crowbars set fire to their car before storming Raj Jewels in Ealing Road last Wednesday.
They escaped with thousands of pounds worth of valuable Asian-gold jewellery.
Alexandru Pavaluca, 22, of no fixed address, appeared at Hendon Magistrates Court charged with robbery.
You may also want to watch:
He was remanded in custody to appear before Harrow Crown Court on June 1.
Officers from the Flying Squad are investigating the robbery.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.