Man accused of robbing Wembley jewellery shop appears in court
Thousands of pounds worth of Asian-gold items were stolen from Raj Jewels in Ealing Road
A man has appeared in court accused of being part of a robbery gang who targeted a jewellery shop in Wembley.
Up to 10 armed robbers brandishing hammers and crowbars set fire to their car before storming Raj Jewels in Ealing Road last Wednesday.
They escaped with thousands of pounds worth of valuable Asian-gold jewellery.
Alexandru Pavaluca, 22, of no fixed address, appeared at Hendon Magistrates Court charged with robbery.
He was remanded in custody to appear before Harrow Crown Court on June 1.
Officers from the Flying Squad are investigating the robbery.
- 1 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 2 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 3 Three Met officers receive written warning over photos of murdered sisters
- 4 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 5 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 6 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
- 7 Complaints of 'chaos' after Harry Styles' Wembley gigs
- 8 Neasden stabbing: Man charged with St Raphael's estate murder
- 9 Jailed: Kilburn man linked to 8 knifepoint robberies in St John's Wood area
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
Anyone with information should call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.