Man accused of Neasden pensioner murder will stand trial in May
A man accused of murdering a pensioner at her home in Neasden will stand trial in May.
Mohamnud Yusuf, 31, Cairnfield Avenue, Neasden, is said to have killed 64 year-old Amoe Stevens on 18 October last year.
Ms Stevens bled to death in hospital after the attack in Cairnfield Avenue.
Yusuf appeared at the Old Bailey today by video link from prison to plead not guilty to a single count of murder.
Police have not revealed any details about the nature of the injuries or the relationship between the suspect and the victim and the prosecutor would not comment outside court.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Nicholas Cooke QC set the trial for 19 May this year.
Yusuf was remanded in custody.
- 1 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 4 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 5 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 QPR boss 'disappointed' as two late goals cost his side at West Brom
- 9 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill