Man accused of Neasden pensioner murder will stand trial in May
A man accused of murdering a pensioner at her home in Neasden will stand trial in May.
Mohamnud Yusuf, 31, Cairnfield Avenue, Neasden, is said to have killed 64 year-old Amoe Stevens on 18 October last year.
Ms Stevens bled to death in hospital after the attack in Cairnfield Avenue.
Yusuf appeared at the Old Bailey today by video link from prison to plead not guilty to a single count of murder.
Police have not revealed any details about the nature of the injuries or the relationship between the suspect and the victim and the prosecutor would not comment outside court.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Nicholas Cooke QC set the trial for 19 May this year.
Yusuf was remanded in custody.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids