Man accused of hurling bacon and sausages onto a mosque in Cricklewood
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Alexis Garner is claimed to have targeted the Mosque and Islamic Centre
A man has appeared in court accused of throwing bacon and sausages onto a mosque in Cricklewood.
Alexis Garner, of Anson Road, Cricklewood, is charged with racially or religiously aggravated harassment, alarm or distress.
The 31-year-old is claimed to have thrown the pork products over a fence into the Mosque and Islamic Centre in Howard Road.
He appeared before Hendon Magistrates Court yesterday and was bailed to return to court on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The consumption of pork is prohibited under Islamic law.
- 1 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 6 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 7 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 8 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils