Man accused of hurling bacon and sausages onto a mosque in Cricklewood
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Alexis Garner is claimed to have targeted the Mosque and Islamic Centre
A man has appeared in court accused of throwing bacon and sausages onto a mosque in Cricklewood.
Alexis Garner, of Anson Road, Cricklewood, is charged with racially or religiously aggravated harassment, alarm or distress.
The 31-year-old is claimed to have thrown the pork products over a fence into the Mosque and Islamic Centre in Howard Road.
He appeared before Hendon Magistrates Court yesterday and was bailed to return to court on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The consumption of pork is prohibited under Islamic law.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens