Man, 33, shot on the Church End Estate in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a serious condition after he was shot near a children’s play area on the Church End Estate in Willesden.
The 33-year-old victim was gunned down in Heron Close on Wednesday at around 3pm.
He suffered leg injuries and is in a serious but stable condition.
Investigation officers believe more than one shot at the scene.
Detective Sergeant Jez Dargan, from the Met’s Trident unit, said: “The shooting took place in a residential estate in the middle of the afternoon. The local schools are currently on half term and this shooting occurred very close to a children’s play area.
You may also want to watch:
“We are appealing to anybody who was in the area at the time who saw or heard anything to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8358 0012 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park