Man, 33, shot on the Church End Estate in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a serious condition after he was shot near a children’s play area on the Church End Estate in Willesden.
The 33-year-old victim was gunned down in Heron Close on Wednesday at around 3pm.
He suffered leg injuries and is in a serious but stable condition.
Investigation officers believe more than one shot at the scene.
Detective Sergeant Jez Dargan, from the Met’s Trident unit, said: “The shooting took place in a residential estate in the middle of the afternoon. The local schools are currently on half term and this shooting occurred very close to a children’s play area.
“We are appealing to anybody who was in the area at the time who saw or heard anything to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8358 0012 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 4 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 5 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 6 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 7 The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time: 'An A star for richly textured drama'
- 8 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 9 'Shameful' former police officers jailed for sharing photos of murdered sisters
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns