Man, 33, shot on the Church End Estate in Willesden
- Credit: Archant
A man is in a serious condition after he was shot near a children’s play area on the Church End Estate in Willesden.
The 33-year-old victim was gunned down in Heron Close on Wednesday at around 3pm.
He suffered leg injuries and is in a serious but stable condition.
Investigation officers believe more than one shot at the scene.
Detective Sergeant Jez Dargan, from the Met’s Trident unit, said: “The shooting took place in a residential estate in the middle of the afternoon. The local schools are currently on half term and this shooting occurred very close to a children’s play area.
You may also want to watch:
“We are appealing to anybody who was in the area at the time who saw or heard anything to contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to call 020 8358 0012 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime