Man, 21, jailed for brutal murder of Colindale woman
- Credit: Archant
A 21-year-old man who repeatedly stabbed a woman in her home in Colindale leaving her so mutilated it was initially unclear how she died has been jailed for life.
Nicolae Patraucean, from Stamore, violently knifed 55-year-old Rivka Holden at her flat in Falcon Way, before stealing her Red Hyundai i20 car to flee the scene on March 16 this year.
The vehicle was later found abandoned in Kingsbury but detectives do not believed the motive for her killing was robbery.
Today, at the Old Bailey the Romanian national was jailed for life with a minimum tariff of 25 years.
He admitted her murder at an earlier trial in June.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Simon Ashwin, investigating officer, said: “I hope this sentence gives Ms Holden’s family some solace in knowing that her killer has been brought to justice and will spend many years in prison.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man