Man, 20, shot dead in Sudbury is named by locals
- Credit: Archant
A man shot dead outside a pub in Sudbury this morning has been named locally as Romario Green.
The 20-year-old died after being gunned down near the Sudbury Swan in Harrow Road, just after midnight.
Detectives have yet to disclose a motive for the killing but according to locals it could be connected with recent violent incidents in the area.
One resident, who does not wish to be named, told the Times there were fears in the local community that the killing is related to a stabbing which is reported to have taken place on Monday just yards from the murder scene.
A local trader added that gun shots were fired on the nearby Barham Estate last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
A man, who claims to be the victim’s friend, told the Times: “I’ve known him for six years since I was 14. He was a good person, not one to cause trouble.
“We are shocked.”
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 7 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
A 60-year-old who was working in the area said he overheard an angry man on his mobile ordering the suspected murder weapon.
He said: “I know him, the guy who was shot.
“I heard a lot of shouting and there was a guy on his phone saying ‘come with your gun, bring your posse, bring the gun’
“This is crazy - he was so young.”
Detective Chief Inspector Andrew Chalmers for the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command who is leading the investigation said: “The motive for the murder is unclear at this stage, but we are pursuing a number of lines of enquiry.
“We are appealing for any witnesses who may have been in the area in the early hours of this morning to contact police by calling the incident room on 020 8358 0100 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”