Man, 20, arrested following attempted moped robbery involving an AXE in Marylebone
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following claims a moped robber threatened victims with an AXE in Marylebone yesterday afternoon.
Officers are questioning a 20-year-old and seized a moped in connection with an attempted phone snatch by a rider who was brandishing the weapon while prowling Portland Place, yesterday at around 1.30pm.
The rider was traced to an address in Islington where he was arrested on suspicion of theft and theft of a motor vehicle at 3pm.
A search of the property uncovered number of phones and a moped that had been reported as stolen.
The man has also been arrested in connection with a phone snatch involving a moped robber in Crouch Hill on April 15.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley