Man, 20, arrested following attempted moped robbery involving an AXE in Marylebone
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following claims a moped robber threatened victims with an AXE in Marylebone yesterday afternoon.
Officers are questioning a 20-year-old and seized a moped in connection with an attempted phone snatch by a rider who was brandishing the weapon while prowling Portland Place, yesterday at around 1.30pm.
The rider was traced to an address in Islington where he was arrested on suspicion of theft and theft of a motor vehicle at 3pm.
A search of the property uncovered number of phones and a moped that had been reported as stolen.
The man has also been arrested in connection with a phone snatch involving a moped robber in Crouch Hill on April 15.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 8 Swan stops train in its track at Kensal Rise
- 9 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 10 Sudbury estate residents slam council's parking plans