Man, 20, arrested following attempted moped robbery involving an AXE in Marylebone
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested following claims a moped robber threatened victims with an AXE in Marylebone yesterday afternoon.
Officers are questioning a 20-year-old and seized a moped in connection with an attempted phone snatch by a rider who was brandishing the weapon while prowling Portland Place, yesterday at around 1.30pm.
The rider was traced to an address in Islington where he was arrested on suspicion of theft and theft of a motor vehicle at 3pm.
A search of the property uncovered number of phones and a moped that had been reported as stolen.
The man has also been arrested in connection with a phone snatch involving a moped robber in Crouch Hill on April 15.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody at a north London police station.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 5 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 6 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 7 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 8 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 9 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 10 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden