Maida Vale man jailed for imprisoning and attacking his friend in Kilburn
- Credit: Archant
David Donegan tied up his pal of 10 years and assaulted him with a knife and two hammers over several days
A man from Maida Vale who imprisoned his friend in his own home in Kilburn and repeatedly attacked him over several days has been jailed for 17 years.
David Donegan, 48, of Shirland Road, tied up his pal of 10 years after visiting him at his address in Carlton Vale, last February.
Southwark Crown Court heard he carried out a long and sustained attack using a knife and two hammers over several days where his victim was beaten and threatened with further acts of violence.
The traumatised victim eventually raised the alarm on February 21 when Donegan fell asleep and he rushed out into the street where members of the public altered the police.
You may also want to watch:
He had sustained a serious neck injury and when officers entered his home they found Donegan asleep beside a blood-stained Stanley knife.
Two blood-stained hammers were also found at the scene.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
Donegan admitted making a threat to kill, false imprisonment, two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, common assault, Grievous Bodily Harm with intent and possession of a Class A drug at an earlier hearing last December.
He also admitted a further count of making a threat to kill relating to a previous incident involving a female friend of his.
He was sentenced today.
DC Will Richards of Westminster Serious Violence Team, who led the investigation, said:
“This lengthy prison sentence reflects the severity of David Donegan’s offences and their lasting impact on his victims who have suffered immeasurably as a result of these horrific acts of violence.
“David Donegan is capable of extreme and sadistic violence and his significant offending history demonstrates the risk he can pose to the public.
“I am grateful to the victims in this case and all the witnesses who came forward to assist the investigation. I understand this has been a difficult process for them and I hope they’re able to enjoy some amount of closure following today’s result.”