Luton man denies shooting dead 20-year-old in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A man from Luton has appeared in court today where he denied shooting dead a 20-year-old in Sudbury.
Denny De Silva, 23, is accused of gunning down Romario Green on the Harrow Road on July 2 this year.
Mr Green, who lived locally, died at the scene just after midnight.
De Silva was detained in Malaga, Spain, on a European Arrest Warrant in August and has been extradited to the UK to stand trial.
He appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink and pleaded not guilty to murder.
You may also want to watch:
De Silva also denied possession of a prohibited firearm - a shotgun with a barrel shorter than 30cm - and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Judge Peter Rook QC remanded him in custody until his trial which is due to start on February 1.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids