Luton man denies shooting dead 20-year-old in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A man from Luton has appeared in court today where he denied shooting dead a 20-year-old in Sudbury.
Denny De Silva, 23, is accused of gunning down Romario Green on the Harrow Road on July 2 this year.
Mr Green, who lived locally, died at the scene just after midnight.
De Silva was detained in Malaga, Spain, on a European Arrest Warrant in August and has been extradited to the UK to stand trial.
He appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink and pleaded not guilty to murder.
You may also want to watch:
De Silva also denied possession of a prohibited firearm - a shotgun with a barrel shorter than 30cm - and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Judge Peter Rook QC remanded him in custody until his trial which is due to start on February 1.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 6 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'