Luton man denies shooting dead 20-year-old in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A man from Luton has appeared in court today where he denied shooting dead a 20-year-old in Sudbury.
Denny De Silva, 23, is accused of gunning down Romario Green on the Harrow Road on July 2 this year.
Mr Green, who lived locally, died at the scene just after midnight.
De Silva was detained in Malaga, Spain, on a European Arrest Warrant in August and has been extradited to the UK to stand trial.
He appeared at the Old Bailey via videolink and pleaded not guilty to murder.
You may also want to watch:
De Silva also denied possession of a prohibited firearm - a shotgun with a barrel shorter than 30cm - and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
Judge Peter Rook QC remanded him in custody until his trial which is due to start on February 1.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 3 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 4 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 5 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 6 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 7 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 8 Wealdstone boss Brennan dubbed Gloucester City a 'very ambitious' club
- 9 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 10 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal