Luke Fitzpatrick’s mum claims her son’s killers had been terrorising Dollis Hill for years

Luke Fitzpatrick was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill

Luke Fitzpatrick was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill - Credit: Archant

Court hears 25-year-old was ‘caring’ and ‘truly loved by everyone’

The mother of a 25-year-old man who was stabbed to death in Dollis Hill said her son’s killers had been terrorising her neighbourhood for years.

Luke Fitzpatrick died and his 56-year-old father Bernard was seriously injured after an armed mob attacked them in Alder Grove, Dollis Hill, on May 19 last year.

At the Old Bailey today Christopher Walters, 23, of Lovett Way in the St Raphael’s Estate, Neasden, and Loen Burton, 17, from Mill Hill, were found guilty of murder and wounding.

Abdi Hassan, 17, of Warren Road, Cricklewood, was found guilty of manslaughter and wounding.

Ali Abdallah, 20, his brother Hamad, 26, and Mustafa Bereima, 20, all of Ainsworth Close, Dollis Hill, were convicted of violent disorder for their part in the attack.

Rafael Dejesus, 25, was cleared of violent disorder but convicted of assisting an offender.

Most Read

In a statement read to the court, Luke’s mother Constance Fitzpatrick said Walters and his clan were troublemakers in the area.

She said: “I can never forgive Luke’s killers for what they have done.

“I feel angry that violent individuals like this would be left out to roam on the streets. The group have been a constant intimidating presence to this community.

“I ask myself why they have been left unchecked to be law unto themselves, harassing and terrorising local residents for so long.”

The court was told more than 1,000 people had attended Luke’s funeral in July last year.

Paying tribute to her son, Mrs Fitzpatrick said he was caring and had helped look after his younger brother Ryan, who suffers from epilepsy.

“He wasn’t violent,” she said.

“Instead he was always in the background and typically a peacemaker, a gentleman and very caring.

“Luke was truly loved by everyone.”

All seven will be sentenced on June 7.