Little Venice murder: Boss pays tribute to ‘honest’ worker named as victim
- Credit: Archant
The boss of a woman from Harlesden whose body was found in a suitcase dumped in a canal in Little Venice has paid tribute to his “honest” member of staff.
The body of Marta Ligman, of Buckingham Road, was found in the luggage recovered from the Grand Union Canal near Delamere Terrace on Sunday afternoon.
The 23-year-old Polish national worked as a cashier at Delicja Polish Delicatessen which is a five minute walk from her home.
Levent Camlar, who owns the store, told the Times she was a good member of staff.
He said: “She’s has been working here for the last three years as a cashier six days a week and was really good.
You may also want to watch:
“She was a honest person, a very smart girl and I didn’t have any problems with her.”
Describing Ms Ligman as a small woman who weighed just seven stones, he added: “She text me on April 27 to say she had to go to Poland because her mum was sick with ‘sorry I don’t know when I’ll be back’.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
“I heard nothing after that.”
Ms Ligman is believed to have come to the UK from Trzeciewiec in Poland three years ago.
Thomasz Kocik, 38, from Harlesden, who is believed to be Ms Ligman’s partner, has appeared in court today charged with her murder.
He was remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on Friday.