Life sentences for three teenagers who murdered church minister’s son in Harlesden

Left to right: Daud, Ennis and Koshin have been jailed for life

Left to right: Daud, Ennis and Koshin have been jailed for life - Credit: Archant

Three teenagers have been jailed for life for murdering a church minister’s son from Willesden in an unprovoked attack in Harlesden.

Innocent: David Headlam was stabbed to death in Harlesden

Innocent: David Headlam was stabbed to death in Harlesden - Credit: Archant

David Headlam, 18, of Donnington Road, was chased and stabbed to death in Drayton Road, in the early hours on June 29 last year.

Witnessed heard the son of Pentecostal church minister Bishop Alonzo Headlam beg for his life during the brutal attack.

Today Idris Daud, 19, of Anton Place, Wembley, Ayman Koshin, 18, of Summers Close, Wembley, and 19-year-old T-Shai Ennis, 19, who formerly lived in Wembley and now lives in Langley, were sentenced at the Old Bailey.

Koshin, who was just 17 at the time of the murder, was sentenced to life with a minimum tariff of 18 years, Daud and Ennis were each given life with minimum terms of 20 years.

They were found convicted on March 30.

Jurors at their Old Bailey trial heard the trio also knifed a 19-year-old friend of Mr Headlam who was with him at the time.

Most Read

He survived his injures and all three were found guilty of grievous bodily harm with intent in relation to him.

On the day of the murder, Daud uploaded a rap video on YouTube which featured him and Ennis.

Part of the video showed Ennis bragging about stabbing someone.

Hours later they used a minicab to travel from Wembley to Harlesden where they targeted Mr Headlam and his friend as the pair walked into Park Parade.

Both victims ran away but the killers caught up with Mr Headlam and stabbed him several times in his thigh severing his femoral artery.

A resident on the street heard Mr Headlam shouting: “Don’t stab me, don’t kill me” before he was fatally attacked.

Detectives investigating the murder tracked down the mini cab and discovered it had been ordered by a mobile number belonging to Koshin.

All three were identified at the scene by extensive mobile phone and CCTV footage and were subsequently arrested in July and charged.

Daud was on a tag for a previous offence at the time of the murder.