Landlord fined for ignoring legal notices from Brent Council
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Images
Vispasp Sarkari, from Harrow, rents out a property in Wembley
A landlord who failed to comply with the council following claims his rented property was in a state of despair has been fined in court.
Vispasp Sarkari ignored legal notices from Brent Council in connection with the house in London Road, Wembley.
Willesden Magistrates’ Court heard the 51-year-old, who lives in Harrow, continuously snubbed a number of Section 16 notices sent to him following a council inspection of the property.
The notices required Sarkari to give the council details of his interest in the property.
You may also want to watch:
Sarkari, who denied that he had not complied with a notice served by the council, argued in court that he completed the form and the document was given to another person to post because he was ill and unable to post it.
However he was found guilty of failing to act on a legal notice and was fined £1,000 and ordered to pay legal costs of £1,000.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
Cllr Margaret McLennan, Brent Council’s lead member for housing, said: “This successful prosecution and fine demonstrates that Brent Council’s officers will not hesitate to issue enforcement notices and we expect landlords to co-operate. Landlords who fail to respond are risking prosecution and the payment of a hefty fine.”
Brent Council offers advice to private sector tenants who may have concerns about their property; they can call 020 8937 2976.