Killers of Luke Fitzpatrick from Dollis Hill jailed for a total of 56 years
- Credit: Archant
Innocent roofer and his father were stabbed by armed mob
Three killers who stabbed to death an innocent roofer and injured his father were jailed for a total of at least 56 years today.
The Old Bailey heard Christopher Walters, 24, and Loen Burton, 17, led the ‘inhuman’ attack on Luke Fitzpatrick, 25, after trying to storm The Ox and Gate Pub in Coles Green Road, Dollis Hill, on May 19 last year.
They then turned on his father Bernard, 56, and stabbed him as he cradled Luke in his arms.
Walters had vowed to ‘shut down’ the pub after being humiliated and beaten up by one of the drinkers in a shop across the road.
You may also want to watch:
He recruited a gang of 15 hoodies and tried to storm the pub armed with a knife, only to be chased off by customers who hurled bottles after them as they ran up the street.
Luke, who had nothing to do with the previous incident in the shop, joined the pursuit but was ambushed as he turned the corner.
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
Walters, of Lovett Way, Neasden, who is thought to have inflicted the fatal wound, was jailed for life with a minimum of 28 years and Burton, from Mill Hill, was also jailed for life with a minimum of 17 years for murder and wounding of intent.
Abdi Hassan, 17, of Warren Road, Cricklewood, was jailed for 11 years for manslaughter and wounding with intent.
Ali Abdallah, 20, was sentenced to 30 months, his brother Hamad, 26, and Mustafa Bereima, 20, all of Ainsworth Close, Dollis Hill, were both jailed for two years, after they were all convicted of violent disorder.
Rafael Dejesus, 25, from Feltham, was jailed for three years for driving Burton away from the scene.
Judge Rebecca Poulet QC said: “It is hard to think of a more serious and inhuman piece of conduct.”
Click on the pic gallery to see images of the Abdallah brothers, Bereima and Dejesus.