Kilburn supporter of hate preacher Anjem Choudary will be sentenced today for grooming girl, 15, over Facebook
- Credit: central news
A supporter of hate preacher Anjem Choudary who groomed a 15-year-old schoolgirl on Facebook is due to be sentenced today.
Mansoor Miah, of Hilgrove Road, Kilburn, used the social media website to invite the underage teenager to a hotel in Kent to have sex in November 2013.
The 21-year-old, who works as a sales assistant in Tesco in Brent Cross, also swapped lewd photos with the youngster and pleasured himself in front of the teen via webcam.
Southwark Crown Court heard the child’s mother was alerted after her daughter’s school reported online contact between the pupil and Miah.
Miah retweets several messages from Anjem Choudary including one just three days before his arrest on June 25 last year, which begins: ‘Which Muslim wouldn’t want to live in the Khilafah, ie Islamic ruling system...’
You may also want to watch:
Last month he admitted attempting to meet a child following sexual grooming and was armed he faces jail.
Judge Loraine-Smith told him: “Your counsel rightly concedes that this case crosses the custody threshold.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 6 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 9 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 10 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
“He will be attempting to persuade the judge on that occasion to suspend the sentence. Whether he succeeds or not, time alone will tell.”
Miah denied five charges of intentionally encouraging an offence and a further charge of attempting to arrange the commission of a child sex offence.
Prosecutor Stephen Requena said: “The plea is acceptable, we won’t seek trial on counts one to six.”
He will be sentenced at Southwark Crown Court.