Kilburn supporter of hate preacher Anjem Choudary admits grooming girl, 15, over Facebook
- Credit: central news
A supporter of hate preacher Anjem Choudary faces jail after he admitted grooming a 15-year-old schoolgirl on social media site Facebook.
Mansoor Miah, of Hilgrove Road, Kilburn, invited the underage teenager to meet him for sex at a hotel in Kent, in November 2013.
The 21-year-old, who works as a sales assistant in Tesco in Brent Cross, also swapped lewd photos with the youngster and pleasured himself in front of the teen via webcam.
Southwark Crown Court heard the child’s mother was alerted after her daughter’s school reported online contact between the pupil and Miah.
Miah retweets several messages from Anjem Choudary including one just three days before his arrest on June 25 last year, which begins: ‘Which Muslim wouldn’t want to live in the Khilafah, ie Islamic ruling system...’
You may also want to watch:
Today in court he admitted attempting to meet a child following sexual grooming.
Neville Rudston, defending Miah, said: “What is different about this offence is that he is a 21-year-old of limited sexual experience who unfortunately seized the opportunity to pursue a sexual relationship with someone who was 15.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 6 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Mayhew staff cull risk as animal charity is 'restructured'
“I will seek to distinguish him from someone who has deliberately targeting children rather than effectively being a relatively young person who has committed this act.”
Miah denied five charges of intentionally encouraging an offence and a further charge of attempting to arrange the commission of a child sex offence.
Prosecutor Stephen Requena said: “The plea is acceptable, we won’t seek trial on counts one to six.”
He was released on bail ahead of sentencing on February 26.
Judge Loraine-Smith told him: “Your counsel rightly concedes that this case crosses the custody threshold.
“He will be attempting to persuade the judge on that occasion to suspend the sentence. Whether he succeeds or not, time alone will tell.”