Kilburn shooting: Two teenagers charged with murder of Mohanna Abdhou
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been charged with the murder of a young woman gunned down in Kilburn.
Mohammed Tawfik, 19, and a 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged this morning with killing Mohanna Abdhou.
The 20-year-old, known as Montana to her friends, was shot in Malvern Road just before 9pm on May 26.
She was with her friends close to a children’s playground near Dickens House when they were approached by two males on bicycles.
Tawfik, 19, had initially been arrested on June 6 but was released, before being re-arrested on October 31.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old from west London was also arrested in the early hours of November 1.
They will appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court later today.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
Police had previously arrested seven other people as part of the investigation into Mohanna’s death.
Four men, aged between 19 and 21, were arrested, while three women, aged between 20 and 25, were also arrested.
All seven have been released under investigation.