Kilburn shooting: Two teenagers charged with murder of Mohanna Abdhou
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been charged with the murder of a young woman gunned down in Kilburn.
Mohammed Tawfik, 19, and a 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged this morning with killing Mohanna Abdhou.
The 20-year-old, known as Montana to her friends, was shot in Malvern Road just before 9pm on May 26.
She was with her friends close to a children’s playground near Dickens House when they were approached by two males on bicycles.
Tawfik, 19, had initially been arrested on June 6 but was released, before being re-arrested on October 31.
A 16-year-old from west London was also arrested in the early hours of November 1.
They will appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court later today.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 4 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 5 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 6 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
Police had previously arrested seven other people as part of the investigation into Mohanna’s death.
Four men, aged between 19 and 21, were arrested, while three women, aged between 20 and 25, were also arrested.
All seven have been released under investigation.