Kilburn shooting: Two teenagers charged with murder of Mohanna Abdhou
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers have been charged with the murder of a young woman gunned down in Kilburn.
Mohammed Tawfik, 19, and a 16-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were charged this morning with killing Mohanna Abdhou.
The 20-year-old, known as Montana to her friends, was shot in Malvern Road just before 9pm on May 26.
She was with her friends close to a children’s playground near Dickens House when they were approached by two males on bicycles.
Tawfik, 19, had initially been arrested on June 6 but was released, before being re-arrested on October 31.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old from west London was also arrested in the early hours of November 1.
They will appear in custody at Hendon Magistrates’ Court later today.
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 7 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 8 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 9 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
Police had previously arrested seven other people as part of the investigation into Mohanna’s death.
Four men, aged between 19 and 21, were arrested, while three women, aged between 20 and 25, were also arrested.
All seven have been released under investigation.