Kilburn shooting: Two arrested in connection with Mohanna Abdhou’s death
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the fatal shooting of Mohanna Abdhou in Kilburn have arrested two people in connection with her murder.
Police were called to Malvern Road just before 9pm last Friday to reports a woman had been shot.
Emergency services scrambled to help Mohanna, known as ‘Montana’ to her friends and family, but the 20-year-old was pronounced dead just after 9.30pm.
A post-mortem the following day gave the cause of death as a single gunshot wound.
A 19-year-old man and a 20-year-old man were arrested earlier today on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
They remain in custody at north London police stations.
A 21-year-old man was arrested at the scene on May 26. He has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
Montana was with her friends close to a children’s playground near Dickens House when they were approached by two males on bicycles.
Both the men were wearing dark coloured clothing and had their faces covered, Scotland Yard said.
One of the men fired a gun towards the group and Montana was shot before they both fled along Malvern Road heading in the direction of Shirland Road.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) are investigating, led by DCI Andy Partridge.
He said: “Whilst arrests have been made, this investigation is still in its early stages and I believe the public can provide further information to assist the investigation.
“In particular I am keen to trace anyone who saw the two ‘masked’ suspects together on bicycles, either in Malvern Road, or nearby before or after the attack.
“The suspects headed towards Shirland Road after the attack and we now know they entered Shirland Mews, this was within minutes of the attack at 8.54pm on Friday May 26. I can reassure the public that any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or via Twitter @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org