Kilburn shooting: Two arrested in connection with Mohanna Abdhou’s death
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the fatal shooting of Mohanna Abdhou in Kilburn have arrested two people in connection with her murder.
Police were called to Malvern Road just before 9pm last Friday to reports a woman had been shot.
Emergency services scrambled to help Mohanna, known as ‘Montana’ to her friends and family, but the 20-year-old was pronounced dead just after 9.30pm.
A post-mortem the following day gave the cause of death as a single gunshot wound.
A 19-year-old man and a 20-year-old man were arrested earlier today on suspicion of murder.
You may also want to watch:
They remain in custody at north London police stations.
A 21-year-old man was arrested at the scene on May 26. He has been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 2 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 3 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 4 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 5 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 6 Former Brent school boy Tom Dean beats Covid to win Gold at the Tokyo Olympics
- 7 Letter on banning wearing of religious symbols
- 8 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 9 Tom Dean wins second Tokyo 2020 gold with 4x200m relay victory
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
Montana was with her friends close to a children’s playground near Dickens House when they were approached by two males on bicycles.
Both the men were wearing dark coloured clothing and had their faces covered, Scotland Yard said.
One of the men fired a gun towards the group and Montana was shot before they both fled along Malvern Road heading in the direction of Shirland Road.
Detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) are investigating, led by DCI Andy Partridge.
He said: “Whilst arrests have been made, this investigation is still in its early stages and I believe the public can provide further information to assist the investigation.
“In particular I am keen to trace anyone who saw the two ‘masked’ suspects together on bicycles, either in Malvern Road, or nearby before or after the attack.
“The suspects headed towards Shirland Road after the attack and we now know they entered Shirland Mews, this was within minutes of the attack at 8.54pm on Friday May 26. I can reassure the public that any information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or via Twitter @MetCC
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org