Kilburn shooting: Teenagers to face trial for murder of Mohanna Abdhou
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers are facing trial next year accused of murdering a young woman who was shot dead in Kilburn while out with friends.
Mohanna Abdhou, 20, known to her family and friends as Montana, was gunned down near Dicken’s House in Malvern Road on the evening of May 26.
Two males on bicycles shot at the group who were standing near a children’s playground where Montana died of a single gunshot wound.
Mohammed Tawfik, 19, of Kensal Green and a 16-year-old boy appeared before the Old Bailey by video link from Feltham young offenders’ institution and Wormwood Scrubs on November 6.
They spoke only to confirm their names as Judge Anthony Leonard QC set a four-week trial to start on April 3 and a plea hearing on January 22.
You may also want to watch:
The judge remanded the pair into custody until their next hearing at the Old Bailey.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Campaigners protest over GP takeovers in Willesden and Wembley
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Battle is on for Brondesbury Park as May 6 by-election nears
- 10 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight