Kilburn physiotherapy practice owner jailed for sex attacks on two women
- Credit: Archant
A perverted physiotherapy practice owner from Kilburn who sexually assaulted two women when they visited for a job interview has been jailed.
Mohammed Reza Abbasi, 45, of Goldhurst Terrace, carried out his attacks after claiming he could heal by using hypnosis at his business premises in Finchley Road.
Blackfriars Crown Court heard his victim, aged 27, had visited the practice on March 7 last year after responding to an advertisement for a secretary.
During her interview Abbas touched her legs before kissing her twice on the lips.
Two days later he struck again by putting his hands on the stomach of another interviewee, a 35-year-old woman, and touching her between her legs.
You may also want to watch:
He also tried to kiss her while holding her hand.
Abbas was convicted of two counts of sexual assault and jailed for two years.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 7 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Kilburn residents forced to flee homes after flash floods
He was also placed on the sex offenders’ registers for 10 years and must pay £100 victims surcharge.
Despite running a practice, Abbasi was not registered with the Health and Care Professions Council, the professional regulator, as required by law.
Nor was he a member of the industry trade union the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy.
Appealing for any other victims of Abbas to come forward, Detective Constable Chris Sains, from Camden Police, said: “I urge anyone who is a victim of any form of abuse to contact police so others do not become victims.
“This is a man who used his alleged profession and business to advertise for a secretarial position and subsequently assaulted female applicants during the process.
“Despite his clean cut, smart appearance and charm, he is a clear danger to women.”