Kilburn murder victim was founder of Billy Boyce clothing line
Shaun Akanbi, 26, was found stabbed to death in his flat in Exeter Road
A man found stabbed to death in his Kilburn flat was an up and coming fashion designer whose creations were worn by rap artists
Shaun Akanbi, 26, was found dead at his home in Cedar Lodge, Exeter Road, after police broke in following concerns about his welfare on December 22.
Mr Akanbi, who was also known as Mashood Abiola, founded urban designer house Billy Boyce in 2009 while studying at the London College of Fashion.
Named after Mr Akanbi’s father Billy, the fashion house is described as Mayfair style fused with Camden street culture on its official website.
Fans and wearers of Billy Boyce clothing include Miss Dynamite, Ironik and Fazer from grime trio N-Dubz.
Tributes have been paid to the Middlesex University law graduate on social networking websites.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 4 Brondesbury Park Synagogue gets licence for alcohol and music until midnight
- 5 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 8 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
Toanna Pepper Okwesa tweeted “R.I.P Shaun Akanbi of Billy Boyce Clothing, was hoping it was not true. Such a talent and such a pleasant man.”
Bow tie company Sulphurgenic tweeted “So sad to hear about the passing of Billy Boyce Founder , Shaun Akanbi. R.I.P from everyone at Sulphurgenic.”
Lawal Adetoun left a tribute on Billy Boyce official’s Facebook page saying: “RIP! Endtimes! May Almighty God console ur family! Uncle billy may Almighty Allah grant him al janaa! Amin”
A post-mortem examination which took place on Boxing Day at Northwick Park Mortuary gave the cause of death as multiple stab wounds to the torso.
An incident room has opened at Lewisham under Detective Chief Inspector Russell Taylor (HSCC).
Any witnesses or anyone with any information should call 020 8721 4868 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.