Kilburn mother was so ‘out-of-it’ she didn’t know killers of Sabrina Moss were hiding in her flat
A mum-of-two accused of hiding the killers of a nursery worker in her flat in Kilburn claims she was so ‘out-of-it’ she had no idea they were there, a court heard.
Fiona Cullum, 25, of Rowley Way, allegedly provided a safe haven for Hassan Hussain, 30, and Yassin James, 20, hours after they shot dead Sabrina Moss, 24, as she celebrated her birthday in Kilburn High Road in August 2013
The Old Bailey heard claims that Cullum also lied to officers when asked about the men after they were arrested.
Her barrister, Rebecca Randall said she had been drinking heavily and taking large amounts of drugs during that weekend so passed out on her bed and forgot to lock the door of her flat.
Ms Randall said: “It is at least a possibility that in this sort of state that Hussain entered ... and stayed there for however long, entirely without her knowledge.”
You may also want to watch:
Cullum denies seeing Hussain or James in the hours after the murder.
The court heard Cullum lives a ‘haphazard and chaotic existence’ after she starting drinking and taking drugs at the age of eight.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
Her co-defendants Reid Daniel, 24, from Hayes, Rakheed Daniel, 21, of St Margaret’s Road, Kensal Rise, and Matthew Bouzemada, 22, of Marian Way, Neasden, are accused of assisting getaway driver Martell Warren, who fled the country shortly after the murder.
Reid Daniel is also accused of helping to hide Warren’s Vauxhall Corsa, from police.
Cullum denies harbouring Hussain and James, assisting them both and making a false statement to police.
She denies three charges of perverting the course of justice and two of assisting an offender.
Bouzemada, Reid Daniel, and Rakheed Daniel deny perverting the course of justice and assisting an offender by concealing or destroying Warren’s phones.
The trial continues.