Kilburn man jailed for Hertfordshire gang attack
- Credit: Archant
A man from Kilburn who took part in a gang beating in a car park in Hertfordshire has been jailed for four years.
Vitor Miranda, of Wingfield House in Tolgate Gardens, was part of a violent mob who attacked Karem El Ghanoui in Hatfield so brutally he lost consciousness.
St Albans Crown Court heard the 26-year-old has been the only member of the gang convicted of the assault and mystery still surrounds why it was carried out.
A doorman at a nearby club called The Forum told the court that he had seen Miranda removing his jewellery and appearing “pumped up” before the attack on March 10, 2012.
He tipped off his colleagues to keep an eye on him but he next came to their attention in the car park at the back of the building where the victim was punched and kicked.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing him, Judge Stephen Gullick said: “This was a group attack involving shod feet which is an aggravating feature.”
He said clearly the victim had been drinking as had the attackers and the motive was probably some sort of argument that had escalated into violence.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 6 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies