Kilburn man jailed for Hertfordshire gang attack
- Credit: Archant
A man from Kilburn who took part in a gang beating in a car park in Hertfordshire has been jailed for four years.
Vitor Miranda, of Wingfield House in Tolgate Gardens, was part of a violent mob who attacked Karem El Ghanoui in Hatfield so brutally he lost consciousness.
St Albans Crown Court heard the 26-year-old has been the only member of the gang convicted of the assault and mystery still surrounds why it was carried out.
A doorman at a nearby club called The Forum told the court that he had seen Miranda removing his jewellery and appearing “pumped up” before the attack on March 10, 2012.
He tipped off his colleagues to keep an eye on him but he next came to their attention in the car park at the back of the building where the victim was punched and kicked.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing him, Judge Stephen Gullick said: “This was a group attack involving shod feet which is an aggravating feature.”
He said clearly the victim had been drinking as had the attackers and the motive was probably some sort of argument that had escalated into violence.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named