Kilburn man jailed for Hertfordshire gang attack
- Credit: Archant
A man from Kilburn who took part in a gang beating in a car park in Hertfordshire has been jailed for four years.
Vitor Miranda, of Wingfield House in Tolgate Gardens, was part of a violent mob who attacked Karem El Ghanoui in Hatfield so brutally he lost consciousness.
St Albans Crown Court heard the 26-year-old has been the only member of the gang convicted of the assault and mystery still surrounds why it was carried out.
A doorman at a nearby club called The Forum told the court that he had seen Miranda removing his jewellery and appearing “pumped up” before the attack on March 10, 2012.
He tipped off his colleagues to keep an eye on him but he next came to their attention in the car park at the back of the building where the victim was punched and kicked.
You may also want to watch:
Sentencing him, Judge Stephen Gullick said: “This was a group attack involving shod feet which is an aggravating feature.”
He said clearly the victim had been drinking as had the attackers and the motive was probably some sort of argument that had escalated into violence.
- 1 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 2 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 7 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent