Kilburn man charged with smash-and-grab robbery at Tesco store in Neasden
- Credit: Getty Images
A man from Kilburn has been charged with taking part in a smash-and-grab robbery which took place at the Tesco branch in Neasden yesterday morning.
Cheyenne Cato, of Iverson Road, is also accused of two separate robberies that took place in Kilburn over the summer.
The 21-year-old is due before Hendon Magistrates’ Court today charged with one count of robbery at the branch in Great Central Way.
He is accused of being part of a gang that stormed the 24-hour store at 3.30am.
He has also been charged with aggravated taking and driving away and assaulting two police officers following the robbery.
Cato also stands accused of taking part in a robbery in Kilburn High Road on July 27 and another robbery in Cavendish Road on August 2.
The hunt continues to find the other robbers who threatened a security guard before smashing their way through a stockroom and warehouse and stealing phones and other goods.
- 1 Victim speaks out after Hampstead machete robbery
- 2 'Predator' acted as masseur to assault women
- 3 Brent tenant 'distressed' at housing waiting list change
- 4 Man shot in his heart outside Queen's Park flats named
- 5 London among areas where drought is declared
- 6 New Kilburn mural to highlight borough's cultural heritage
- 7 Coldplay at Wembley Stadium: Setlist and photos
- 8 Unarmed boy stabbed to death in his home by group ‘out for blood’, court told
- 9 Harlesden bar's licence suspended following fights and noise
- 10 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
Anyone with information should call Brent CID on 0208 733 3217 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via crimestoppers-uk.org.