Kilburn man admits ‘school run’ robbery in Whetstone
- Credit: Archant
A Kilburn man has admitted taking part in a terrifying robbery on a mother and her family as she drove home from doing the school run.
Tosh Martin, 23, of Brondesbury Villas, teamed up with three other men to targeted the 42-year-old woman as she arrived at her home in Whetstone with her 10-year-old daughter and a second woman age 20 on February 28 this year.
As the mother parked on her drive three men wearing masks surrounded her vehicle with one banging on the car and ordering them to get out.
A second man pulled the drivers door and sprayed a liquid into the mother’s face before forcing her jewellery off her hands and snatching her bag.
The 20-year-old woman also had her two bags stolen.
You may also want to watch:
All three jumped into a waiting Toyota Landcruiser and sped off.
However, a witness had jotted the registration plate of the car while a second bystander had spotted the gang before they struck and had called the police.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
A search was launched and with the aid of a helicopter the car was traced.
When all four abandoned the vehicle and fled on foot in different directions they were eventually caught.
Police found property belonging to the victims in the abandoned Land Cruiser which had been stolen in Kensington.
Last week at Wood Green Crown Court Martin pleaded guilty to two counts of robbery and one count of assault.
Theo Cruikshank, 24, Herman Yikalo, 20, both from Paddington, had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of robbery.
Wayne Pilgrim, 38, from Hackney, admitted two counts of robbery and driving a vehicle dangerously at a previous hearing.
DC Yogini Patel, from Barnet Police, said: “These men put this family through a terrifying ordeal. This is a great example of police working together with victims, witnesses and agency partners to gather all relevant evidence and present an extremely strong case at court for which the defendants had no course but to plead guilty.”
They will all be sentenced on April 15.