Kilburn gun murder: Fundraising page launched to help pay for the funeral of Yasir Beshira
- Credit: Archant
A fundraising campaign has been launched to help pay for the funeral costs of a 21-year-old man who was shot dead in Kilburn last week.
Yasir Beshira was walking with what is believed to be two relatives when his killer approached him and fired a shot in his stomach on December 8 at around 5.20pm
The victim, who is a member of the Eritrean community, staggered across the road before collapsing at the junction of Netherwood Street.
He died at the scene.
His murder has shocked the community with the campaign aiming to raise £7,500.
You may also want to watch:
It has raised almost half has since his death.
The dedicated gofund me page says: “I am sure most of you are aware of the deeply saddened news of our beloved Yasir Beshira, 21 years of age that passed away…We pray that Allah (Swt) showers His mercy on him and grants him Jannat ul-firdous.
- 1 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
“This news has deeply touched us all and come as a big shock within our Eritrean and wider community.
“Yasir Beshira was loved dearly by his family and friends. Everyone that was close to him knew he had such a good heart, who cared for his family and was looking to better his life for the best.”
The gunman, who was alone and wearing a hooded top and jeans, fled the scene on foot in the direction of Palmerston Road towards the Webheath Estate.
Yosif Walied, supervisor at Doner Kebab German Doner on Kilburn High Road,
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Partridge, who is leading the murder hunt, is appealing for anyone with information or witnesses to come forward.
He said: “We have had a positive initial response from the local community and a number of witnesses have already come forward.
“We know the area was extremely busy at the time of the shooting. I am convinced that other members of the public have either seen the incident itself, or have seen the suspect arrive at the scene or flee after the shooting.
“If you saw or heard anything please do contact our incident room. Any information provided to us will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
“Detectives investigating the murder are continuing to work alongside local officers and remain at the scene, so the community will see an increased police presence in the local area.
“Some of these officers will be carrying out reassurance patrols; they are happy to talk to any community members who wish to speak to police about concerns following this shocking incident.”
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 22-year-old man arrested on Saturday in connection with the murder has been bailed until February.
To make a donation visit here.