Kilburn gun murder: Detectives return to the scene this evening where Yasir Beshira was shot dead
- Credit: Archant
Detectives will be in Kilburn High Road this evening to appeal for information a week on from a murder of a 21-year-old on the busy street.
Yasir Beshira was walking with what is believed to be two relatives when his killer approached him and fired a shot in his stomach on December 8 at around 5.20pm
The gunman, who was alone and wearing a hooded top and jeans, fled the scene on foot in the direction of Palmerston Road towards the Webheath Estate.
Mr Beshira, who is a member of the Eritrean community, staggered across the road before collapsing at the junction of Netherwood Street.
He died at the scene.
Investigating officers hope by returning to the scene they could find potential witnesses who could hold vital information.
Detective Chief Inspector Andy Partridge, who is leading the murder hunt, said: “We are returning to the scene with local borough officers this evening, a week on from Yasir’s murder, to trace any potential witnesses who may be able to assist with the investigation.
- 1 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 4 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 8 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 9 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 10 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
“We have had a positive initial response from the local community and a number of witnesses have already come forward, however we are still appealing for information.”
“It’s imperative that we trace the suspect’s movements both before and after the attack.”
“He is described as a slim white male, male wearing a dark hooded top with his hood up. During the shooting he had his lower face covered but it is possible that this person did not have his face covered both before and after the attack.”
“Were you in and around Webheath Estate on Thursday, 8 December? Did you notice this male somewhere nearby? If you were there and saw anything that could assist investigators I would urge you to get in touch.”
On Monday a fundraising website was set up to help towards the cost of Mr Beshira’s funeral and has so far raised £3,746 of its £7,500 goal.
Anyone with information should call the incident room on 020 8358 0300 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
A 22-year-old man arrested on Saturday in connection with the murder has been bailed until February.
To make a donation visit here.