Kenton murder: Victim, 17, named locally as police bail suspect
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Kenton yesterday morning has been named locally as Che Wellington.
Che was attacked alongside a 16-year-old boy at a party in Belvedere Way at around 12.30am.
He died at the scene an hour later.
The other boy is in hospital where his condition has been described as stable.
Hundreds of tributes have been paid to Che on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook.
@_EnieD tweeted: “Rip Che!! So sad knife crime needs to stop!!! A mother has lost her son due to stupid postal gang!! So mad right now!!”
A tweet by @westindian___ said: “I cannot believe little Che is dead, life is way too short, RIP man, my prayers are with his family”
- 1 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 2 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 3 'Lucky escape': Four flee Wembley house fire where smoke alarms weren't working
- 4 Have your say on proposed changes to constituencies in Brent
- 5 Brent cycling group calls to improve rather than remove LTNs
- 6 Two dead in Maida Vale: Woman stabbed and man 'struck by vehicle'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder following Maida Vale deaths
- 8 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 9 Stonebridge community group to keep fighting after losing Bridge Park appeal
- 10 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
Police arrested two males in connection with the double stabbing.
One has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date the other is still currently in police custody.
Anyoone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 388/8Nov or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.