Kenton murder: Victim, 17, named locally as police bail suspect
- Credit: Archant
The 17-year-old boy who was stabbed to death in Kenton yesterday morning has been named locally as Che Wellington.
Che was attacked alongside a 16-year-old boy at a party in Belvedere Way at around 12.30am.
He died at the scene an hour later.
The other boy is in hospital where his condition has been described as stable.
Hundreds of tributes have been paid to Che on social networking sites Twitter and Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
@_EnieD tweeted: “Rip Che!! So sad knife crime needs to stop!!! A mother has lost her son due to stupid postal gang!! So mad right now!!”
A tweet by @westindian___ said: “I cannot believe little Che is dead, life is way too short, RIP man, my prayers are with his family”
- 1 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 2 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears
- 3 Haute Dolci's dessert restaurant opens in Wembley Park
- 4 Euro 2020: Road closures in Wembley Park as England meets Czech Republic
- 5 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 6 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 7 Police officer to appear for trial in Wembley sexual assault case
- 8 Primary school in Kilburn back open after staff member contracted Covid
- 9 Free online double documentary and conversation with artists of the Windrush generation
- 10 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
Police arrested two males in connection with the double stabbing.
One has been bailed to return to a police station at a later date the other is still currently in police custody.
Anyoone with information should call police on 101 quoting CAD 388/8Nov or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.