Kenton murder: Two more arrests in connection with Che Labastide-Wellington killing
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of a 17-year-old boy outside a 16th birthday party in Kenton have made two more arrests.
A 19 and 21-year-old man are being held on suspicion of killing Che Labastide-Wellington who was stabbed to death in Belvedere Way, on Sunday morning at around 12.30am.
Che, who lived in Harrow, was knifed in the chest in an alleyway next to the event alongside a 16-year-old boy who survived his injuries.
He is currently in hospital in a stable condition.
Yesterday a 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon. He has been bailed to return to a police station in January.
You may also want to watch:
Two other boys age 15 and 16 who were arrested on suspicion of murder have both been bailed to a date in mid-December.
Shortly before Che was stabbed a group of youths had tried to gatecrash the party which resulted in a clash.
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 10 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
Che, who was an invited guest and had not been involved in the clash, was stabbed during a second altercation in an alleyway outside the party.
He died an hour later at the scene.
The detective who is leading the murder hunt is appealing for witnesses to either clashes to come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Chris Jones said: “Che had been invited to attend a 16th birthday party at a house in Belvedere Way. This appears to have been a well-run event with appropriate adults in attendance. There were no reports of any trouble inside the venue but clearly there has been a violent attack outside.
“At this stage we are continuing work to establish what the motive for this attack was.
“There were a number of people present outside the venue when this incident took place and I would appeal to anyone who witnessed the attack on Che, or the events leading up to this, to contact police.”
On Tuesday police arrested a 21-year-old man on suspicion of murder. He currently remains in police custody.
The day before a 14-year-old was held on suspicion of possessing an offensive weapon. He has been bailed to return to a police station in January.
Two other boys age 15 and 16 who were arrested on suspicion of murder shortly after the killing have both been bailed to a date in mid-December.
Anyone with information is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.